The Punjab School Education Board(P.S.E.B.) operates from Mohali, Chandigarh (India). The board came into existence through a legislative enactment on 25 November 1969. The primary purpose behind the establishment of the Punjab Board was to promote the spirit of education and development amongst the young learners.
In its present form, the Board is responsible for each and every aspect/stage of school education, and has been strongly pushing its students to the forefront of education and development.
|Board||Punjab School Education Board|
|Contact No.||0172 5227423,424,425|
|Address||Vidya Bhawan, Phase-8, Sahibjada Ajit
Singh Nagar (Mohali) Pin Code-160062
|Headquarter||Sahibjada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali)|
|Chairman||Manohar Kant Kalohia|
1. Grants affiliation to the schools.
2. Conducts exams and declare results.
3. Prescribes the syllabus, courses of studies and text books for school education.
4. It has a special academic wing, which regularly revises the syllabus and prepares text books accordingly.
5. It also arranges for the compilation, publication, printing and sale of text books.
6. Focuses on bringing qualitative improvement in school education.
7. Acts as an advisory body to the state Govt. of Punjab regarding school education in the state.